My favourite chef

Monday, April 24, 2006

5th uncle is an excellent chef. Since I was a little girl, I’ve always enjoyed his cooking. He didn’t cook often but whenever he found the time, I am always a big fan. I especially love the soups he made, and he often made my favourite kinds. Until now, whenever we visit, he would make it a point to make one of my favourites – pickled vegetable soup. Whenever we gather for Chinese New Year, he would also cook his specialty - delicious curry chicken.

He takes pain and pride in his cooking and he often enjoys seeing others savouring his food. He is always generous and there is always plenty for everybody and we eat to our heart’s content while he just looks on and smiles whenever we compliment him or make yummy noises. I think he finds satisfaction in the simplest of ways.

Last night we visited him in the hospital’s ICU. He had just undergone a heart surgery and wasn’t in very stable condition. As I stood there and watched him lying still in bed with wires connecting him to machines, I felt a pang of pain. He looked so frail despite his size. He could barely move and his breath was laboured even with the oxygen mask.

Life is so fragile. I never thought I would see him like this. I could never have imagined. The uncle who is always bubbly and often laughed infectiously and heartily, always filling our stomachs. I pray for his speedy recovery.

Eternity reminiscing the good old days | Permalink |



3 Comments:


On April 28, 2006 7:30 PM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said:

prayers to him.....my dad gone thru that 2 yrs ago and i can understand ur felling. be strong

 

On May 01, 2006 11:33 AM, Blogger Eternity said:

thanks, foodcrazee. :)

 

On February 22, 2007 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

best regards, nice info » »

 

About me

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled. And that has made all the difference.

~ Robert Frost

Name: Eternity
From: Malaysia

About Dusty Roads
My blogs
Credits
  Distributed by:
Powered by :


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Malaysia License.

© 2006 thedustyroads.blogspot.com